Monday, October 3, 2011

Put It In the Bank

The life style we currently lead doesn't always meet all of my emotional needs.  I said it.  I'm not ashamed! My Favoritest works long hours at the hospital.  He works long hours at home.  He is tired.  He is cranky.  He is preoccupied.  This is he normal state of being since we have started this fellowship.  I can't really complain.  I have friends who have it much worse.  I am grateful he makes it home to work on papers and research and projects.  But sometimes his physcial presence isn't enough.  Sometimes I want to spend time with the funny, sarcastic, relaxed guy that he can be when you take away the stress and responsibility of his job.  It always seems that just when I have reached my sanity limit and I am about to loose my schmidt, we get a weekend that is sheer and utter bliss.  A few weeks ago, we got that weekend.  We had a nice Friday night dinner out followed by ice cream.  We spent Saturday together at The Little Gym.  We ran errands.  And then to top it off, we went to Starry Nights at Veritas Vinyard.  It was the best part of the whole weekend.  We packed a picnic dinner.  We listened to music.  Doodle ran around and played.  My Favoritest was relaxed and laid back.  He was totally engaged in us!  It was like the best family date ever!   
September 10 (51/365)
So, almost a month later I am trying to remember that weekend.  I am putting that memory in the bank.  When the next few weeks of single parenting really stink, I am going to know that good times are there under the surface.  I am going to know that although we are scattered and hurried, often only seeing each other for a few hours of quality time each week, reconnecting isn't as hard as it seems.  I am going to hold onto that evening when I am cursing his job and our lifestyle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment