Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dark Hallow Woods

I'm going to go ahead and warn you, from this point forward (at least for a little while) I am giving up on maintaining any chronological order. There are things I want to share while the memories are fresh and there are things I want to share that are already fading from my memory.

I touched on how much things have changed in the last few months regarding my overall happiness. One of the things that has definitely helped my mood is the time change. I know there are people who hate the time change, but from that fateful day we fall back, to the blessed morning we spring forward I am counting down the days to when I see more sunshine!

One of the reasons I love the added hours of sunshine is that it affords our family the opportunity to spend time outside together. There is time for a walk before dinner, or a game of catch after dinner. Sunday, we took advantage of the daylight and all took a walk together. At the end of our street there is an entrance to a state park, Dark Hallow Woods. All winter long Doodle has been asking me if we can take the dogs for a walk in the woods. I have told her that I haven't been in the woods and we needed to wait for daddy to go with us. Last fall, Doodle and My Favoritest took many walks in the woods, but I was still healing from surgery and didn't feel comfortable wearing SJ in a carrier or walking the dogs, so I wasn't able to join them on their wooded adventures. And I will be honest, last summer and fall, those 20 minutes or so when they would romp off into the woods were pretty lonely. So, when My Favoritest suggested taking Doodle on a walk, I jumped at the chance to join them. I loaded SJ into the ergo and off we went.

It was delightful. Doodle was as happy as a clam!

 

The dogs sniffed every smell there was to be found in the woods.

 

SJ attempted to twist her way out of the ergo in an attempt to watch her sister and the pup pups at all times.

 

It was a perfect cool evening and there was no place I would rather have been than with my family.

 

On our way back to the house, Doodle asked if she could walk Zoe, and for the first time ever we let her be in total control (as much as a 25lb 4 year old can be) of the dog. She was so proud of herself! I have loved getting to watch her become more and more responsible with the dogs.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment